Header Ads

Everton Striker Wayne Rooney Speaks Of His Drunk-Drive Experience Shame And How 'It Hurt His Kids'


After his tragic drunk-drive incident Wayne Rooney said he learned from it and is also loving community work at a garden centre.

Wayne Rooney Everton striker was arrested in September driving a woman home while pregnant wife Coleen, 31, was away.

Speaking for the first time about the incident, Rooney said: “Sometimes you make mistakes. I held my hands up. I made a mistake.

“I knew straight away I had made a stupid mistake and I have to move on. It is not nice. I’ve got children and it is not nice for them to see that and I try to move on and learn from it which I feel I am doing.”


The father of three was subsequently banned from driving for two years and ordered to carry out 120 hours’ community service.

In an exclusive interview on talkSPORT radio to be aired on Sunday, he told how working alongside adults with learning difficulties at a community garden centre was “relaxing”.

He said: “I’m still doing it and am about halfway through it.

“It wasn’t something that I was thinking I wanted to be doing because obviously I’ve got children at home and when you have a day off you want to rest.

“But I’ve really enjoyed doing it.”

The former England captain said he will continue to help there even after he has finished his allotted hours.


He went on: “I will keep in touch with them and try to help. Just going in, they have made me feel so welcome.

“There has been no stick. We don’t actually talk about football.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.